Sawston Nursery is operated by Sawston Childcare, a non-profit making charitable company
Its volunteer Directors include three trustees from John Huntingdon’s Charity together with two local people who have expertise and experience in childcare and early years learning. Two parents of children attending the Nursery are also elected by parents to the Board of Directors of Sawston Childcare.
Sawston Nursery will:
- provide equal opportunity and access to all children.
- endeavour to ensure that appropriate provision is made for children who have special needs regarding the Code of Practice on the Identification and Assessment of special educational needs.
- recognise the importance of working together in an open and co-operative manner with children and their parents.
- protect all information concerning children and make disclosure only with parental consent.
- positively encourage good behaviour bearing in mind that in the case of unacceptable behaviour, it is the behaviour and not the child that is the source of disapproval.
- provide and maintain a safe and healthy environment and working practice for children, staff and parents